Event , Food & Drink
MARGARITAVILLE AT HOME: TIKI PARTY
The temperature outside is dropping, the sleeves are getting longer, and the drinks are getting warmer—it must be fall! If a visit to Margaritaville Caribbean just isn’t in the cards for you in the next few months, well, we’ll miss you, but have no fear! We’re here to show you just how easy it is to create a Margaritaville Tiki at home! So crank up the tunes, pour the drinks, and get ready to feel those island vibes right in the middle of winter!
DIY MARGARITAS & COCKTAILS
You can’t have your own Margaritaville without the margarita… that’s why we’re happy to share one of our favorite recipes so you never have to go without. Impress your guests (and yourself!) by whipping up the ‘License to Chill’ Margarita. It’s got the classic, sweet and sour lime flavor, tequila, and the addition of blue curacao to give it a special kick and vibrant hue—perfect for at home celebrations (and libations)!
Ready to make your own? We’ve got you.
Keep the blender going and invite your guests to play bartender. Invite everyone to bring their own ingredients and have fun seeing what you can come up with. A few great staples to keep on hand:
- A variety of fresh and frozen fruit: a variety of berries, mangoes, and bananas are great.
- Lemons and limes
- Simple syrup
- Pina colada mix or coconut milk
- A few different types of hard liquor: rum and tequila are great staples for many tasty drinks
- Sour mix – see our ‘License to Chill’ recipe to learn to make your own
Set the island mood by playing Radio Margaritaville all party long! Stream all your favorite tunes at any time of day for free. Depending on the time of your party, you might be in for a treat when it comes to special programming. With live concert broadcasting, concert replays, and a Buffett Buffet every day of the week twice a day, you’ll get your fill of Jimmy Buffett tunes.
In need of a playlist? Check out our Island Vibes playlist or, if you want to amp up the romance at your tiki, you might enjoy our Caribbean wedding inspired playlist.
Re-create some of your Margaritaville faves right at home. Here are some suggestions to get that menu going:
- Chicken quesadillas: fill a tortilla with cooked chicken, peppers, onions, and cheese. Fold, and get the outside crispy and the inside melt-y by cooking on both sides over medium heat in a skillet. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
- Tacos: get creative with your fillings! At Margaritaville Caribbean we love blackened shrimp, crispy fried fish, and jerk BBQ pork. Serve with pico de gallo, fresh veggies, cilantro, sour cream, and a mix of cheeses.
- Pulled pork sliders: let your slow-cooker do the work by cooking the pork in your favorite BBQ sauce until tender and stuff some fill some slider buns with the meat and top with coleslaw and/or caramelized onions.
- Chips and dip: simple, but addictive. Everybody loves a spread of various salsas, guacamole, sour cream, bean dip, french onion dip, and cheese sauce.
- Crab cakes: we can’t give up our secret recipe, but we trust your skills. Be sure to serve with a flavorful aioli.
- Fruit kabobs: load up a skewer with chunks of pineapple, mango, and banana. If you’re feeling a bit adventurous, try ‘em grilled!
- Key lime pie: need we say more? This cool classic is sure to be a hit.
Hit up a party supply store and get ready to tiki-fy your home so your guests will be instantly transported to Margaritaville upon arrival. A few grass skirts can go a long way to dress up a table to make your own bar. A few more staples to play up the island vibes:
- Margaritaville Caribbean glassware and collectable mugs, get yours here
- Decorative palm trees and/or palm fronds (Tip: Use fake palm fronds as a place mat or additional table decor)
- String lights with fake tropical flowers (Tip: Make your own by following a tutorial for paper flowers from tissue paper!)
- Plastic flamingos
- Pineapples and coconuts! Use as decor and in your drinks.
- Create a tropical photo booth! Your guests will have tons of fun posing in front of a backdrop filled with flowers and palm fronds and using props like the decor items mentioned above, plus leis, drink umbrellas, ukeleles, and bright-colored sunglasses etc.
Ready to party? We hope you’ll these tips for creating an at-home Margaritaville allow you to have your Best. Day. Ever. EVERY day—at least until you can visit us for real. If you make use of any of these tips, be sure to snap some pics and tag us on Instagram so we can see and celebrate with you from afar!